Datafiles problem

From: Prakash <venkatprakash_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 23:58:51 GMT

Hi:

I had tried to add a datafile of size 2000m. But, unfortunately, we didn't have that much space on the device. So the alter tablespace add datafile command fails and returned with 'No space left on device' error message.

Well. Now I know the device space and want to make a datafile of 1500m size. But when I try to do the same command with the same datafile name, it says this file name already exists.

But I don't want that datafile anymore. How do I drop that datafile and create the new one with the same name?

Another question: That particular tablespace (USERS) already contain one datafile , users01.dbf. How do I increase the size of that datafile, for eg, from 500m to 1000m?

And, finally where exactly these datafiles are stored in HDD?

I am using Oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris box.

THanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 08 1999 - 18:58:51 CDT