Re: Does anybody knows how to _remove_ Java option from 8i?

From: Michael Ju. Tokarev <mjt_at_tls.msk.ru>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 00:41:34 +0400

Thank you for reply -- this is only one reply I found. But that's interesting is that this does _not_ answer to my question. I looked to that faq, and found that it it simple incorrect (about my question at least). I can't remove JServer nor during install (custom/other), nor on installed system. If I deselect it during install, it will be forced to include (as dependent part). And if I say to remove it after installation, installer (OUI) wants to remove the _whole_ set of components!. The same happened with other "components" -- assistants, for example, names etc.

I found an "option" for jave -- replace SHLIBJOX (shared Java lib) in makefile to joxoff.o (make -f ins_rdbms.mk SHLIBJOX=joxoff.o) -- this removes java support (server does not says that it have Java option anymore).
And I can't set java_pool_size to 0 as recommended in faq -- server refuses to start if I do so. Minimum value for this as I found is about 2 meg (not 20 anyway :).

With this, I (we as oracle community?) have another question -- what is Oracle's faqs? Is it a source for trouble!? And what person/address we should contact for this (and other our questions)? Yes, this questions does not addressed to you.

Thanks.