Re: OCI question: how connect to remote Oracle Server

From: Markus M. Mueller <markus-m.mueller_at_ubs.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 12:37:48 +0200

If writing a client application use the OCILogin() function, where the last parameter is the database name ( conf. in the TNS file ).

If writing a server application, oracle allows you to split up the handles in OCIServer (function OCIServerAttach for the connection) and and OCISession (for the user authorisation).

So, your "oci_attr_connectstr" goes into the OCILogon or the OCIServerAttach.

Markus