Re: Plus80 refuses connection

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 20:15:29 GMT

On 3 Sep 1999 11:57:49 GMT, "Peter Laursen" < ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk> wrote:

>Hi Julio
>
>Yes, I can connect as sys from sqlpuls, but not when called from
>orashut.bat. Orashut.bat is apparently called with a temporary password for
>user sys. Plus80 refuses connection cause invalid user/passwd. I include my
>actual orashut.bat.
>....[SNIP]....
I think your problem is in the wrong password you supply as parameter %2. If you connect as INTERNAL, like in this line:

>%4\bin\svrmgr30.exe "connect %1/%2" <%4\database\orashut.sql

you must use the password for INTERNAL in %2.

But when you connect as sys, like in this one:

>%4\bin\plus80.exe sys/%2 <myscript.sql

then you must supply the password for SYS, not for the INTERNAL!

Usually those two passwords are not identical.

>Thanks
>Peter Laursen

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri Sep 03 1999 - 15:15:29 CDT