Plus80 refuses connection

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: 3 Sep 1999 11:57:49 GMT

Hi Julio

Yes, I can connect as sys from sqlpuls, but not when called from orashut.bat. Orashut.bat is apparently called with a temporary password for user sys. Plus80 refuses connection cause invalid user/passwd. I include my actual orashut.bat.
What does Second input parameter password - valid for the duration of SHUTDOWN mean?

REM
REM $Header: Z:\rdbms\src\server\osds\nt_pls\install\rdbms\orashut.bat@@\ \ REM main\nt_8.0.4\1 \
REM Checked in on Thu Nov 13 12:43:14 1997 by snakai \ REM Copyright (c) 1997 by Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved. \ REM $
REM
echo %4\bin\svrmgr30.exe "connect %1" <%4\database\orashut.sql >%4\database\shut%3.log
echo off
rem

rem **
rem ** ORASHUT.BAT file is call from ORACLE RDBMS service when STOP is click in
rem ** NT SERVICE MANAGER or "NET STOP ORACLESERVICE%SID%" command executed.
rem ** There are four parametes passed into ORASHUT.BAT.
rem **
rem ** Frist  input parameter userid   - "internal"
rem ** Second input parameter password - valid for the duration of SHUTDOWN
rem ** Third  input parameter SID      - ORACLE_SID
rem ** Fourth input parameter HOME     - ORACLE_HOME
rem **

rem

set ORACLE_SID=%3
set ORACLE_HOME=%4
rem
rem TRY TO CALL PLUS80, BUT FAILS:
rem call script to spool list of files to backup (datafiles, control and log)
%4\bin\plus80.exe sys/%2 <myscript.sql
rem do shutdown immediate:
%4\bin\svrmgr30.exe "connect %1/%2" <%4\database\orashut.sql >%4\database\shut%3.log

Thanks
Peter Laursen

Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es> skrev i artiklen <37CFA68C.E2DD68A3_at_si.unirioja.es>...

Peter Laursen escribió:

> While spooling from svrmgr30 is there a way to set heading off and set
> feedback off?
>
> I am implementing a automated cold backup on Oracle 8.0.5 on NT 4. When
the
> databaseservices are stopped Orashut.bat is called. It starts svrmgr30 as
> internal and runs the script Orashut.sql. At this time I want to select
> from v$datafile the files to backup and spool them to a batfile like
this:

> set feedback off
> set heading off
> spool mybat.bat
> select 'copy '||NAME||' to dest' from v$datafile;
> -- v$logfile, v$controlfile
> set feedback on
> set heading on
> spool off
>
> but the feedback and heading get spooled too.
> I cant use plus80.exe since im connected as internal.

Well you can connect as sys from sqlplus ;-)

Regards.
--
Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es