Moving an Oracle 7 installation

From: Stephan Marwedel <marwedel_at_thales.de>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 17:25:32 +0200

Hi,

I want to move an existing Oracle 7 installation on AIX (/usr/local/oracle) from to another filesystem (/opt/oracle). What must I change in the configuration do achive this? I changed the init.ora for my instance and all startup variables for the oracle dba user, but the server stills complains about a missing database file (.dbf), which is seems to search for in the old location:

SVRMGR> startup
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area       4938876 bytes
Fixed Size                       48124 bytes
Variable Size                  4055168 bytes
Database Buffers                819200 bytes
Redo Buffers                     16384 bytes
Database mounted.
ORA-01157: cannot identify data file 1 - file not found ORA-01110: data file 1: '/usr/local/oracle/dbs/systTC_ORA2.dbf'

So far I only got the server up again by linking the new location the the old.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.

Stephan

--

Stephan Marwedel, Object Technology Group THALES Communication GmbH, Hamburg, Germany Email: marwedel_at_thales.de
Web: http://www.thales.de

-> This message was created 100% Micro$oft free <-