Re: Moving an Oracle 7 installation

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 08:59:11 -0700

Stephan

Oracle stores the location of the datafiles and redo logs in the control file. The control file is opened at the mount stage, and the location of the files checked at the open stage. So what you need to do is this:

startup nomount;
alter database rename file 'old_file_location_and_name' to 'new_file_location_and_name';

for each file (check the syntax in the SQL Reference manual - I'm typing off the top of my head here).

HTH. Pete