Re: database link

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:45:12 +0200

The service names should be in the tnsnames.ora on the server, but that's not your problem here. It is able to connect (and get the error) because both databases are on the same system.
Your global_names parameter in init<sid1>.ora is true. This means the database name should be unique within your network, and the link name should be db_name||'.'||db_domain.
Either switch that parameter of your change the link name or the database name.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA