database link

From: Larry Pettit <larry.pettit_at_ps.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:32:23 -0600

I'm running two instances on an NT machine and want to connect from one to the other. Both are using Beq.

I'm able to create a database link in database 1 for database 2, but when I try to do a select on data using the sqlnet string set up in database 1, I get ORA-02085: database link xxxxxxxxxx.WORLD connects to SALES.WORLD.

I've granted "create session" privileges in database 2 for the connect to username used in database 1. Both service names are in tnsnames.ora file on my machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 15:32:23 CDT