Re: Perl Scripts as External Procedures

From: Adrian Bowen <adrian_at_raptor.win-uk.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:24:44 +0100

I would also suggest using external procedures - although I haven't actually done it with Perl, I did successfully load a TCL interpreter as an external procedure, and I think Perl can be used in the same way (see man perlembed for details). Essentially you need to build a .dll/.so which contains the interpreter library, plus a small 'interface' function which conforms to the Oracle external procedure calling syntax. Typically this function would just take the script itself, or the name of a file containing a script, as an input argument, and return whatever the script returned, both as VARCHAR2s. Works fine for me with TCL scripts.

Adrian Bowen Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 14:24:44 CDT