Re: SGA size limited to 1GB?

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 19:23:39 GMT

Solaris 2.6 and Oracle 7.3.4 support SGA of the size 3.75Gig, as I am told. And this is limited to the 32bit OS that Solaris is. The limit on Digital Unix is 14Gig. The variable you have to change on solaris is SHMMAX in /etc/system it is also discussed in your installation guide, in the Setting Up The Environment section.

On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 00:14:00 GMT, robertch_at_mindspring.com (Robert Chung) wrote:

>We have a Unix machine with 16 giga bytes of physical memory running a
>huge Oracle database. Problem is, since maximum Oracle SGA size is
>only 1 giga bytes, most of physical memory sits idle, not being used.
>For example, according to glance, 80% of physical memory has not been
>used at all for whole day today. Is there any clever way to put these
>idle memory to use? Thanks in advance.

Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 373-5417
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email