Re: 16 bit SQL*Net for 7.3.4

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 12:22:00 -0400

Hi Thomas,

    I haven't had both 16 and 32 bit clients on the same machine for nearly two years so I can't give you all of the details, but ...

    I distinctly remember that I had to install both sets of client software and they had to be in different directories on the PC. I think (but am not sure) that once I had installed the clients I had to create shortcuts to each of the two different versions.

Regards
Jerry Gitomer

Thomas Noone wrote in message
<37ce4661_at_news.zeitung-online.net>...
>I have managed to install the 16 bit files from the windows dir
on the cd.
>The oracle.ini was generated and I added the tns_admin
parameter.
>My 16 bit application finds the ora7win.dll, thus my path
variable is
>correct.
>
>Trying to log on using a configuration for named pipes generated
by easy
>config fails with ORA-3121.
>Using 32 bit SQL*Net, the logon works fine.
>
>I need 32 and 16 bit support at the same time, something that
works on other
>installations and worked with Oracle 7.1 for me.
>
>What am I missing?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Thomas
>
>Doktor schrieb in Nachricht <37CD1694.86520818_at_post.pl>...

installation of 16
>bit
ORACLE.INI
>on

>>> If all is well there is a windows client on the Oracle 7.3.4
CD. Just
>>> look for the directory windows on the CD and run orainst from
there.
>>> The installation procedure will create an oracle.ini in the
windows
>>> directory. The only thing you need to do is to add the
tns_admin
>>> parameter, preferably in the [NET23] section.
>>
>>Are you sure, that oracle.ini is created in Win directory
during install