Re: Oracle SQL

From: Jeff Iverson <jiverson3_at_uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 16:34:47 GMT

I think this book will help, it illustrates the differences between various implementations of SQL:

SQL: The Complete Reference
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072118458/iversonsoftwarecA

However, if you want a book that is Oracle specific, I'd recommend this one:

Oracle 8 : The Complete Reference
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007882396X/iversonsoftwarecA

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:14:18 +0200, francesco <fzavat_at_eco.unipv.it> wrote:

>I have just started learning Oracle SQL and it seems to me it's not
>standard at all.
>For instance it seems to me that CREATE DOMAIN is not supported at all
>(Oracle v8 runnig on NT Server). Am I wrong?
>Anybody can suggest me a good book about: Oracle SQL, comparison among
>different SQL, current industrial SQL standard?
>
>thanks
>francesco

Kind Regards,
Jeff Iverson