ResourceLeak with dynamic sql (7.3.3 Workgroupsserver) ?

From: Internet L&S Hochfrequenztechnik <lus-hochfrequenz_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 09:40:30 +0200

Hi there,

did anyone know if there exists a resource problem/leak on using the package DBMS_SQL
(We use Oracle 7.3.3 Workgroups-Server running under windows NT 4.0) We execute a lot of great transactions with dynamic SQL, after a while dynamic sql will not work any
longer in any session. If we terminate all sessions and try to perform a dynamic sql call it will not work too. Shut down of the instance (type immediate) makes after this some problems too. Only shutdown (type abort) will work correct. After startup of the instance dynamic sql will work properly again.

Any help out there? Thanks.

         L&S Hochfrequenztechnik GmbH
             Hermann Renfranz
           Im Gewerbegebiet 31