Re: Duplex Archive Logs

From: Neilc <neilc-olops_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 08:48:14 +0100

LOG_ARCHIVE_MIN_SUCCEED_DEST defines the minimum number of destinations that must succeed in order for the online logfile to be available for reuse. When automatic archiving is enabled, the value generally cannot be more than the total number of destinations.

Dennis Flinn wrote in message <37CE087F.66982368_at_eastman.com>...
>I was wondering if anyone has worked with duplexed archive logs. In
>reading the documentation about the parameters it appears that you have
>to set two parameters in the init.ora. First, the
>log_archive_duplex_dest, I then left the log_archive_min_succed_dest set
>
>to the default of '1'. After I recycled the database I forced a log
>switch and found the archive log was not written into the duplex
>location. I haven't done any further testing but after reading the
>documentation again it stated that if log_archive_min_succed_dest is set

--snip Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 02:48:14 CDT