LONG Field

From: Kuncoro Tri Atmoko <kuncoro_at_lintasarta.co.id>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:18:32 +0700

Dear all,

I have a problem when inserting data with LONG datatype, from another table with long datatype too.
Ex:
 Table A (X1 Long)
 Table B (X2 Long)

I want to insert into table A from table B:   insert into A (X1)
  select X2 from B

When I do this, i've got an error message :   ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype

How do I solve this problem ?
I guess the problem will occur on RAW datatype too.

Thanks.

Kuncoro
Jakarta, Indonesia Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 22:18:32 CDT