Urgent Help for Oracle 8 Stored Procedures with D4 C/S

From: Kai Joußen <kjoussen_at_debitel.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 22:37:52 +0200

I posted this message also at borland.public.delphi.databases.sqlservers !!

I have a stored procedure in my Oracle Database which should delete a record.
When i call it i receive the message that UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE is not possible in Read-Only-Mode.
Funny Thing: my procedure for inserting a new record is working fine. Can anybody help me very quick? Maybe with sending a running demo code? (kjoussen_at_debitel.net)
I use NT4-Server with Oracle 8.0.5. The Program has a TDatabase (of course Readonly=false), TQuery for browsing but RequestLive=False. I give the TStoredProc two parameters and call ExecProc. When TDatabase.TransIsolation is set to tiDirtyRead jsut simple nothing happens when calling the Procedure but when set to tiRepeatableRead i get: ora-01456 Insert/update/delete at a read-only-Transaction not allowed. Thanx so far
Kai Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 15:37:52 CDT