Re: Cannot log in as SYSDBA or SYSOPER - why?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:20:41 +0800

John Haskins wrote:

> I'm setting up Oracle Enterprise Manager to control three servers under my
> pervue. I have them "found" in OEM, but cannot execute shutdown/startup
> because I cannot log in using the SYSDBA or SYSOPER role. When I try to do
> so, it tells me that the user/pw combination is invalid, even though it is
> the same one I use when loggin in for standard DBA duties.
>
> How do I make this work? Being able to bounce an instance without having to
> go into the server room would be handy.

Have a read of the server concepts manual in the security section. To use E-Mgr, you have the new-ish concept of password files, which differ (to some extent) than your standard SYS and SYSTEM access...

It also describes how to move to the password file mechanism...

Cheers
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 06:20:41 CDT