Cannot log in as SYSDBA or SYSOPER - why?

From: John Haskins <76054.334SPAMBEGONE_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:30:54 GMT

I'm setting up Oracle Enterprise Manager to control three servers under my pervue. I have them "found" in OEM, but cannot execute shutdown/startup because I cannot log in using the SYSDBA or SYSOPER role. When I try to do so, it tells me that the user/pw combination is invalid, even though it is the same one I use when loggin in for standard DBA duties.

How do I make this work? Being able to bounce an instance without having to go into the server room would be handy. Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 12:30:54 CDT