Re: Oracle 7.3.4 performance on 2-450Mhz vs 4-200Mhz

From: Rafal Czekala <czekala_at_real.pl>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:00:48 GMT

It's strongly dependent on your database/application design. E.g. I have database and application which isn't (and can not) using parallel query - better is to have fastest processor. But I also have big database especially designed for parallel queries, and for this is much better to have more slower processors. You must know your database and application design for correct answer.

Regards,

Rafal Czekala (czekala_at_real.pl)
Oracle DBA

In article <7qgii2$h47$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jboehler_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Given the choice of running Oracle 7.3.4 on one
> of the following boxes, which would perform,
> better:
>
> Compaq Proliant 6500R 2Gig RAM, CPUs 4 @ 200Mhz
> Compaq Proliant 5500R 2Gig RAM, CPUs 2 @ 450Mhz
>
> Given all else is the same are we better off with
> the 2 CPUs at 450Mhz or 4 CPUs @ 200Mhz?
>
> Thanx,
> Jeff Boehlert
> jboehler_at_ctron.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 09:00:48 CDT