Single-task sqlldr on 7344

From: Doug Olson <olson283_at_tc.umn.edu>
Date: 31 Aug 1999 03:08:01 GMT

Just curious if anyone else has gone from 7323 to 7344 on Digital UNIX and seen about a 50% decrease in performance for sqlldrst. Run times on 7344 seem very similar whether using sqlldr or sqlldrst. I have a direct path, unrecoverable load that ran in about 1 hr. under 7323 (with sqlldrst) which now takes about 1.5 hrs. under 7344 (with either sqlldr or sqldrst).

Oracle support wasn't aware of any known reason why sqlldrst should be slower under 7344. I didn't find any clues on MetalLink either.

--Doug Received on Mon Aug 30 1999 - 22:08:01 CDT