Re: Rollback Segment and how to use the statement "Set transaction use rollback segment ???"

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:19:36 -0400

If I'm not mistaken:

The SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT.... statement must be the first statement of a new transaction, and it is valid until a COMMIT is issued. Any ALTER statement is DDL, therefore it issues a COMMIT prior to doing it's operation.

Regards,

--
David C. Sisk
Need tech info on Oracle? Visit The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site at http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm Like original music? Listen to song samples and buy a CD at http://www.mp3.com/disparityofcult