Re: Best way to make query/update sequence atomic

From: Adrian Bowen <adrian_at_raptor.win-uk.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:31:00 +0100

Ta for the suggestion, but I think unfortunately my 'criteria' for deciding whether to insert a new row are too convoluted to be expressed as direct column or table constraints - for example they include the current value of package data variables (can I do this in a constraint?). I did consider trying to implement the constraints as triggers, but it seemed to me that I would end up with two copies of all my application code - one in the stored package and one in the triggers! I was hoping there'd be a simpler method - the SPs themselves are very short, so I'm happy for other sessions to be blocked temporarily while they execute.

Adrian Bowen Received on Fri Aug 27 1999 - 08:31:00 CDT