Oracle 8 client 4 Solaris?

From: cmcgee <c.mcgee_at_utas.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 02:22:37 GMT

Hi,

I am running Oracle 8.04.0.0 on a Windows NT box.

I would like to be able to connect to the database on the NT box on a Solaris box using SQL*Plus.

I assume I need to install Net*8 and SQL*Plus on the Solaris Box and use Net*8 Assistant to create a service name that points to the NT server.

Is there an easy way to do this without having to install the whole server suite on the Unix nox?

ie. Is their an Oracle Client installer for Solaris?

Thanks, Christian. Received on Wed Aug 25 1999 - 21:22:37 CDT