Re: NT scripting for Oracle backup job

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:11:02 -0400

Good questions: see below....

Regards,

--
David C. Sisk
Need tech info on Oracle? Visit The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site at http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm Like original music? Listen to song samples and buy a CD at http://www.mp3.com/disparityofcult

Hop Pham wrote in message <37C1982D.F695A3D4_at_bah.com>...
>I recently migrated from Oracle/UNIX environment to Oracle/NT
>environment, and missed the inherent ease of data file management in
>UNIX. For example, I had trouble porting backup scripts from UNIX
>shells to NT batch commands:
>
>1. I use UNIX system date/time stamp as part of the exported dump file
>name (ex. exp<SID>_990823.dmp). Is this possible to generate this in NT
>command files?

Yup. Download the FORFILES.EXE from the Unofficial Oracle on NT site listed above.

>2. I run a UNIX cron job to delete old backup files after X days old.
>Is there an equivalent 'find .. -exec rm ..' command in NT?
Yup. Again, the FORFILES.EXE will do the trick. See the a sample script.