Re: Choosing a right database

From: <alla_at_sergey.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:25:30 GMT

First of all, thanks a lot to all of you for your responses.

It gave me a lot of information to get convinced that Oracle might be the better choice (sorry...)

But I need to have one more question answered for our management.

Their choices were Oracle, Informix and PostgreSQL.

None of you mentioned PostgreSQL. I assume it was because PostgreSQL can't support such a huge database. But since I don't know anything about PostgreSQL, I would really appreciate if you could tell me what features (or lack of them) made you not mention this database

Thanks again

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 24 1999 - 15:25:30 CDT