Re: Export data to an open format

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 02:20:02 GMT

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:34:36 +0100, "Joćo Santos Jorge" <lodging_expo98_at_ip.pt> wrote:

>It would be important to be able to generate files with information from
>Oracle tables to a more open format, say text files, for example.

One way that I've used for text data is to spool the results of a SQL*Plus query to a file. For example:

SET PAGESIZE 0
SPOOL SOME_FILE.TXT
SELECT a || ',' ||b from my_table;

You have to use concatenation to build up the output line exactly as you want it. This is not as versatile a solution as a SQL*Unloader would be.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Sun Aug 22 1999 - 21:20:02 CDT