Re: Column level security ?

From: Bob Swisshelm <swisshelm_at_lilly.com>
Date: 20 Aug 1999 13:07:00 GMT

To control SELECT access, you create a view that only contains the columns that you want them to see.

To control UPDATE and INSERT privileges, use the column name in the GRANT statement. For example

GRANT INSERT, UPDATE (ORDER_NO, DEST_STATE, ORDER_DATE)    ON ORDERS TO SCOTT; DELETE access cannot be granted at a column level.

Bob
swisshelm_at_lilly.com

Ken Sproule <kenmn_at_tds.net> wrote in article <37bad16f.117063939_at_news.tds.net>...