moving datafile

From: Karim AMRANI <kamrani_at_cogelog.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:23:56 +0200

Hi,

I'm really not an expert in Oracle DB but I was put in charge of it !

We installed a 7.3.4 oracle db on solaris 2.6. We put user_data's data_file on the wrong partition on install. We need urgently to move the data_file to some other place (on the same machine).
The database is in production.

Does anyone know a simple manner to move the datafile (we can stop the database at night) ?

Thanks,

Karim AMRANI
COGELOG Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 08:23:56 CDT