Re: Connect Internal in Oracle 8i

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 20:38:33 GMT

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:02:48 GMT, dbagirl_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>In article <37BAC659.7B7C5E79_at_mars-systems.com>,
> Joe Condle <condle_at_mars-systems.com> wrote:
>> Is connect internal supported in Oracle 8i? I use this allot in
>> scripts that start and
>> stop the database. If it is not supported is there a mechanism
>> avialable to control the
>> database with shell scripts?
>>
>> --
>> Joseph P. Condle Jr. condle_at_mars-systems.com Office 412-648-
>1379
>> Senior Systems Engineer
>> Medical ARchival Systems, Inc. (MARS)
>>

>I apologize if this got sent twice.
>
>I heard that Oracle is doing away with Server Manager in 8i. Things
>that used to be done through that utility would be done through SQLPLUS
>as sys. If they really did it, we're all going to have some scripts to
>update.
>
>Hope that helps,
>dbagirl

Connecting as internal is still (for now, at least in 8.1.5) supported by Oracle. And yes, you can connect as internal with SQL*Plus in 8i and perform your maintenance tasks as you used to do with servermanager.

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 15:38:33 CDT