What do U think of SQL Backtrack?

From: W. Curtis Preston <curtis_at_colltech.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:51:36 -0700

I know that SQL Backtrack offers backup and recovery functionality that is not offered by RMAN. I have a few questions:

  1. If you've used it, what do you think of it?
  2. What happened if you had a support question and Oracle found out you were using a third-party product and not RMAN? How much help were they?
  3. What commercial products have you used it with?
  4. Do you know of any reasons that I should not use it?