Re: raw disk

From: Mario Bucsics <mario.bucsics_at_siemens.at>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:05:36 +0200

Hi Mike,

I think it is better to use the file system because backing up and restoring the
Database is much easier than on raw devices. If your Filesystem is an Raid 1
reading from the filesystem is faster than from raw devices. Raw devices are
faster for writing an you can have many tables in it.

Regards

 Mario Bucsics, SIEMENS AG