Re: AIX and extproc

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 12:21:05 GMT

A copy of this was sent to markus_at_laurin.mz.rhein-main.de (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:56:54 GMT, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I try to use the feature of calling extern programs out of the oracle
>database on a AIX machine. This doesn't function.
>
>My first question: is the extproc feature supported on the following
>platform:
>
>OS: AIX 4.2.1.0
>Database: Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.4.1.0

Yes.

>If this combination is ok, then my next question: I have built a
>shared library and changed the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora
>accordingly (as far as I know). The lsnrctl tells me the following
>at the command "status"

[snip]

>And here comes the essential parts from the listener.ora

[snip]

that looked OK.

                           )   <------------------

>So what am I missing? Why is the rpc not funtioning?

a closing paran on the extproc_connection_data entry.

try to tnsping extproc_connection_data. You should get:

$ tnsping extproc_connection_data

TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 8.0.4.0.0 - Production on 17-AUG-99 08:15:51

(c) Copyright 1997 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name

put in the missing paran and the tnsping will work and so will the RPC (assuming the C code works :)

>Thank you
>
>Markus Rehm-Hunke
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 07:21:05 CDT