-2291 (minus num) Error inserting - Please Help !

From: jason <jfielding_at_trinitech.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:56:25 +0100

Hi,
I have this stored function which works in some cases and not in others, depending on the values passed from VB. On the cases were it's erroring, the SQLCODE is (a minus number) -2291. To try and get the message, I'm running the Fn from SQLPlus and have coded the following into the Fn :

dbms_output.put_line (sqlerrm);

At run-time I set serveroutput to on; the return value is printing (the sqlcode) but the sqlerrm is not.

Can anyone help me with this, or suggest where I could fins a description to the -2291 error I'm getting ?
TIA
Jason Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 07:56:25 CDT