Re: Windows NT cluster fail over

From: Brian McCabe <brian_at_nospam.mccabe.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:39:29 +0100

I am assuming your need for clustering is resilience rather than performance ( by the fact that you refer to FailSafe and don't mention OPS).

If this is the case and you only need one or other side of the cluster to be active at any one time, then why not start/stop the listener as part of your failover process (presumably you are starting the database on Node B when it fails on Node A - why not include the listener at the same time?) If the clash is on IP/Port between the two listeners then this should resolve the problem.

Brian