Error in trace files

From: Julian Cowking <jcowking_at_hrmsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:12:46 +0100

Hi,

I am getting the CONTINUOUS logging of trace files on my Microsoft Transaction Server which are clogging up my machine.

The error in the trace file is:

ORACLE XA: Version 8.0.5.0.0. RM name = 'Oracle_XA'.

200427.85:108.108.2:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

200427.85:108.108.2:
xaorecover: xaofetch rtn -3.

I have configured my Transaction Server (running NT4 SP5) to work with an Oracle database (on another machine), which it does. However this trace file not only clogs my machine up but slows it down because something is very much asmiss. The MSDTC (Microsoft DistributedTranaction Coordinator) takes up much processing power doing some stuff (I don't know what it's doing, though). When I stop the MSDTC service the logging of trace files stops. When I start the service again the logging of trace files resumes.

I have installed the Oracle Client (8.0.5.0.0) on the Transaction Server and the database to which it connects is on another machine.

What is the Oracle client software doing when MSDTC starts? - I haven't told it to connect to any machine. What table is it looking for?

Many thanks

Julian Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 14:12:46 CDT