Re: ORA-12500 on Digital Unix

From: Waco Johnny D <anonymous_at_web.remarq.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:45:59 -0800

A remote possibility would be a too-low limit on the D.U. process params. Do the following, as I just did on one of my smaller systems:

/usr/temp> sysconfig -q proc | grep max

max_proc_per_user = 64
max_threads_per_user = 256
max_per_proc_stack_size = 33554432
max_per_proc_data_size = 1073741824
max_per_proc_address_space = 4294967296
open_max_soft = 4096
open_max_hard = 4096
maxusers = 1024
enhanced_core_max_versions = 16

...and see if anything looks low. Watch out for maxusers -- its value affects other parameters in the proc subsystem as well as at least one parameter in the vfs subsystem.

Hth a little,
WJD