Quick generation of an Oracle table schema

From: Wesley Gamble <wgamble_at_tmw.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:07:39 GMT

Oracle-ites/Informix-ites,

Ideally this message will be responded to by persons with skill in both the Oracle and Informix database management arenas. I am of the Informix ilk myself, so my terms may be IFMX - centric.

I am made to understand that the equivalent of a "dbschema" command in Oracle does not exist (Oracle - heads - the dbschema command in Informix generates a SQL script for the creation of one or many database tables depending on how it is invoked. Basically, you can generate a SQL script to create the structure of a database with one command).

Does anyone know of utilities out there which generate the CREATE TABLE statement as well as any other table-specific SQL used to configure a table in Oracle (i.e. GRANT/REVOKE statements, CREATE INDEX statements, etc.). I'd love to find a script that simply takes a table name as input, and spits out a script that will generate all this table specific stuff.

Please bear in mind that I am new to the Oracle world - if there are some great Web sites out there with this sort of thing (Oracle Users Group sites for example), please point me to them and I will find what I need there.

Thanks for your help.

--
Wesley Gamble
Bison Consulting

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 23:07:39 CDT