URGENT ! Error starting when unlimited extents for roll back segment

From: <marko.plevel_at_rd.iskraemeco.si>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:56:24 GMT

Hi !

What has happened :
-I had a very large transaction and therefore had to increase
the number ob rollback segment extents number to over 121 ( default maximum for 7.3.3 ). To do this Oracle required the unlimited_rollback_segments parameter to be set to TRUE. That's what I did and everything worked.
-One night there was no power. When the computer rebooted the Oracle
server didn't start.

When I try to open the database I get an error saying that rollback segment (1) has unlimited extents and open fails. I don't remember the exact error number ORA 1682.

I tried with "recover database" and it reported, it's recovered. I tried opening db again ( alter database open ) then I got these three errors ORA 0704, ORA 0604, ORA 0955.

I have no backup.
What are my options to recover data.

Please, if possible e_mail me at Marko.Plevel_at_rd.iskraemeco.si

Thanx,
Marko

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 07:56:24 CDT