Re: URGENT ! Error starting when unlimited extents for roll back segment

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:04:39 -0400

  1. Are all of your rollback segments in one tablespace or are they distributed throughout several tablespaces?
  2. Try commenting out the rollback segment list in initxxx.ora
  3. What is your db_block_size? 121 extents is only the maximum if the block size is 2048. For 4096 it is 249.
  4. If you need large rollback segments and you are running out of extents, create your rollback segments with larger extents.
  5. Is your database in archivemode?
  6. Why don't you have a backup?
  7. When all else fails, call Oracle support.