Re: WebDB install trouble

From: John S. Jones <jsj7_at_flash.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 05:04:34 GMT

I'm having the same problem with the WebDB install, but since this is a very low priority on my things-to-do list, I have not called technical support to resolve it.

As for the Oracle Home situation, the way I understand it is that the two products use incompatible versions of Net8/SQLNet, thus, require separate Oracle homes. I noticed the same thing when installing Enterprise Manager 1.6 & Oracle8i. Oracle Developer & Designer were able to use the same home as Enterprise Manager 1.6 though.

Yes, this is a pain in the neck.

--
John S. Jones
OCP - Certified Oracle DBA

Opinions expressed here are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.