Re: OPS using file system to allocate a tablespace?

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 14:39:35 GMT

In article <m01s3.1056$i75.1507499_at_dca1-nnrp1.news.digex.net>,   "Michael Shapiro" <STMAS_at_computer.org> wrote:
> I forgot to say that I'm using 8.0.5 on SUN 4500 Solaris...
> 2*boxes 2 instances share the same Database!
>
> Michael Shapiro wrote in message ...
> >Hello World!
> >
> >I'd like to allocate tablespace in the file system with OPS and all
other
> >tablespaces using raw devices.
> >
> >Is this going to create any problem?
> >
> >TIA

On most platforms the Oracle Parallel Server, OPS, requires that all database data files be raw partitions. This is true for Pyramid and Sequent so you may want to check your manuals for Sun since I do not think you can use Unix file system type files with an OPS database.

--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 09:39:35 CDT