Error 7331 Unable to allocate variable portion of the SGA on SUN OS 5.6

From: Mark Membrino <Mark_membrino_spamless_at_biogen.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:09:39 -0400

I am trying to create a database on a Sun Ultra 5 running Sun OS Release 5.6 and Version 7.3 of Oracle. I was able to create the database by decreasing the shared pool size, but as soon as I increase it to 3500000 the database will not open and gives me an error 7331. The oerr utility tells me to 'Reconfigure the UNIX kernel to have bigger segments'. Can someone give me instructions on how to do this on this OS.

Regards
Mark Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 09:09:39 CDT