Re: Web DB forces internet connection

From: <tobyed2_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:18:23 GMT

In article <934232705.17115.0.nnrp-09.c2de70b8_at_news.demon.co.uk>,   "Tim Brewer" <tim_at_dragtech.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with WebDB & more likely the listener that provides
the
> communication between http and the 8i backend - When I connect to the
URL of
> the WebDB listener (e.g. http://ntserver:80/webdb/) IE 4.01 attempts
> connect to the internet using a dial up connection.
>
> If I choose to 'Work Offline' the browser complains that I cannot view
the
> pages in offline mode. If I connect then WebDB operates fine - However
this
> could get a little expensive on the phone bill.
>
> I think what I need to know is how do you connect to a listener
process from
> IE when you're not connected to the web and instead want a
> local connection.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Tim Brewer
> tim_at_dragtech.freeserve.co.uk

Tim,

What you need to do is add 'ntserver' to your 'Intranet Zone'. From IE4, Internet Options, Security,
change Zone to 'Local Intranet Zone',
click 'Add Sites', Advanced
Enter in URL for zone.

Regards

Toby

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 07:18:23 CDT