Oracle8/NT vs MS SQL 7.0

From: Yuri Khait <yurikhait_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 01:52:24 GMT

I've found that it takes 3-4 times more disk space to store the same amount of data(including indexes) in Oracle8 than in MS SQL 7.0 I could not find any documents which compare disk storage on Oracle and MS SQL 7.0. I have 60GB database on MS SQL 7.0, according to my tests it will take > 200GB in Oracle.
Any comments ?????

Tnx,
Yuri. Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 20:52:24 CDT