Re: dbms_lob question

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 16:48:02 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "mike" <mullins_at_flcourts.org> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 9 Aug 1999 12:06:40 -0400, you wrote:

>I am trying to use the dbms_lob.substr package. I would like to use the
>dbms_lob.getlength package to dynamically provide the length value in the
>dbms_lob.substr package.
>
>Any ideas, hints, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

are you having some problems doing that?

SQL> create table t ( x clob );

Table created.

SQL>
SQL> insert into t values ( 'hello world' );

1 row created.

SQL>
SQL> select dbms_lob.substr( x, dbms_lob.getlength(x), 1 ) from t;

DBMS_LOB.SUBSTR(X,DBMS_LOB.GETLENGTH(X),1)

hello world

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 11:48:02 CDT