Re: Program Name in V$SESSION

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 9 Aug 1999 16:55:26 GMT

I used
lint_ptr = strcpy (image_name, argv [0]) ; /* save image name */

Peter C. (pcugier_at_my-deja.com) wrote:
: We are running some C programs on AIX 4.3 with Oracle 7.3.4 on the same
: machine.

: When I query V$SESSION I see in the program columns, for example
: "sqlplus_at_host" or "F45RUN.EXE", but for all our own programs I see " ?
: @host".

: Why doesn't the program name show up in V$SESSION? Do I have to use a
: special compiler or pre-compiler option?

: Any hint is greatly appreciated.

: Peter

: Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
: Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job), Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use. Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 11:55:26 CDT