Can't start the Listener

From: Birgit Merschmann <b.Merschmann_at_invent.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 13:33:57 +0200

Hi,

I know that I've a problem which comes up a lot of times but despite of reading the former information I can't find the cause /solution.

We're working with Oracle 8.0.5 on Windows NT /SP4. Since yesterday Oracle doesn't work anymore. (We still havn't found the reason which caused this interruption)

We 're not able to start the listener again. The error message is TNS - 01150 (The adress of the listener is wrong)

Here are my Listener.ora and Tnsnames.ora:

Listener.ora

LISTENER=
 (ADDRESS_LIST=
(ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL=IPC)
(KEY=PLUTO.WORLD)

 )
 (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL=IPC)
(KEY=ORC5)

 )
 (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL=TCP)
(Host=pluto)
(Port=1521)

 )

STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER=0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER=10 SID_LIST_LISTENER=
 (SID_LIST=
(SID_DESC=
(SID_NAME=ORC5)

  )
 )

TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER=0 Tnsnames.ora:

PLUTO.WORLD=
(DESCRIPTION=
 (ADDRESS_List=
(ADDRESS=

   (PROTOCOL=TCP)
   (HOST=PLUTO)
   (PORT=1521)

  )
 )
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORC5) )
)

I really would be very grateful if anybody can say what I doing wrong. Thanks in advance,

Birgit Merschmann

B.Merschmann_at_invent.de Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 06:33:57 CDT