Re: Can't start the Listener

From: <Titou_at_33.com>
Date: 6 Aug 1999 13:55:39 GMT

In a previous article, "Birgit Merschmann" <b.Merschmann_at_invent.de> writes:
>Hi,
>
>I know that I've a problem which comes up a lot of times but
>despite of reading the former information I can't find the cause
>/solution.
>
>We're working with Oracle 8.0.5 on Windows NT /SP4.
>Since yesterday Oracle doesn't work anymore. (We still
>havn't found the reason which caused this interruption)
>
>We 're not able to start the listener again. The error message
>is TNS - 01150 (The adress of the listener is wrong)
>
>Here are my Listener.ora and Tnsnames.ora:
>
>Listener.ora
>
>LISTENER=
> (ADDRESS_LIST=
> (ADDRESS=
> (PROTOCOL=IPC)
> (KEY=PLUTO.WORLD)
> )
> (ADDRESS=
> (PROTOCOL=IPC)
> (KEY=ORC5)
> )
> (ADDRESS=
> (PROTOCOL=TCP)
> (Host=pluto)
> (Port=1521)
> )
>
>STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER=0
>CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER=10
>

>SID_LIST_LISTENER=
> (SID_LIST=
> (SID_DESC=
> (SID_NAME=ORC5)
> )
> )
>
>TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER=0
>

>Tnsnames.ora:
>
>PLUTO.WORLD=
>(DESCRIPTION=
> (ADDRESS_List=
> (ADDRESS=
> (PROTOCOL=TCP)
> (HOST=PLUTO)
> (PORT=1521)
> )
> )
>(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORC5) )
>)
>
>I really would be very grateful if anybody can say what I doing wrong.
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Birgit Merschmann
>
>B.Merschmann_at_invent.de

Hi,
I'm a french DBA oracle. I not verify your listener.ora and tnsnames.ora. Just verify your file C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\Services, you must have the name of your listener and port declared, see example :

#Oracle Listener
toto 1521/tcp

Have you another sevice delared with this port ?

Again verify your file C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\Hosts, you must have your hostname defined.
In your case you must have :

255.255.255.255 pluto

I hope that this help you!
Sorry for my English.