Re: Redo log and RBS

From: tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 11:16:06 -0400

Hi Cho,
Rollback Segments are Database Structures ,which store the pre-image of the data that is getting modified by any transaction and are useful in Transaction Rollback,Read Consistency and Database Recovery.

Redo Log files ,on the Other hand are basically Transaction Logs which store all the Changes to the Database including those of Rollback Segments and are primarily used for Database Recovery.

Pls Look into Oracle Concepts Guide or any Good Oracle book for more Details ..

-Thiru